This week I’m attending a workshop on “HANDS ON ELECTRONICS for ARTISTS” at BEK with Peter Flemming. So far we’ve been playing around with the 555 built a touch switch (or toggle) using the QT113 and assembled a Basic Stamp.
I’ll assemble useful links here as I go along over the next few days.
- A tutorial on the 555 by Tony van Roon.
- Tony van Roon has several other tutorials as well.
- Recommended reading:
- Getting started in Electronics by Forrest M. Mims III.
- Mims also have a book on Timer Op Amp and Optoelectronic Circuits & Projects. Tim and Jesse of Electrotap has recommended using OpAmps to tune sensors so that all of the range of sensor boxes is used.
- Physical Computing by Dan O’Sullivan and Tom Igoe
- Chips for sound: XR-2206 and XR-8038A
- Diana Burgoyne – Canadian artist worth checking out.
- The Toronto based Art and Robotics Group. Home to the ARG mailing list
- There are no good electronic components stores in Bergen apart from basic stuff offered at Clas Ohlson. Recommended online supplies: ELFA and RS Online.