2nd Int. Symposium on Ambisonics and Spherical Acoustics
May 6-7, Paris, France, 2010
ambi10 – First Call for Participation
We would like to announce the 2nd International Symposium on Ambisonics and Spherical Acoustics, which will be organized by IRCAM, together with LIMSI-CNRS and France Telecom/Orange Labs. The Symposium will be held to provide an intensive exchange between industrial and academic researchers working in various research areas on spherical acoustics.
The field of spatial sound reproduction is interdisciplinary by nature and closely related to a number of computer science and engineering areas such as acoustics, mathematics, signal processing, and perception. The symposium focuses on discussing the various problems and solutions concerning the capture, analysis, and re-synthesis of sound fields applying spherical acoustics; for example higher-order Ambisonics (HOA), and spherical microphone arrays.
The symposium is going to be divided into oral presentations (keynotes and submissions), poster sessions, and two demonstration sessions (artistic and technical). This symposium will benefit from a hemi-spherical loudspeaker array that will be installed for the duration of the symposium, which will be held in the Espace de projection, the variable acoustics performance hall of Ircam.
Original contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics:
- General considerations on spherical acoustics theory
- Ambisonic for sound scene reproduction and virtual acoustic environments
- Spherical microphone array systems and signal processing
- Capture and analysis of radiation patterns
- Spherical acoustic holography
- Synthesis of directional and focused sound sources
- Spherical loudspeaker array systems and signal processing
- Theoretical considerations on comparative subjective and objective studies
- Standardization, exchange, implementation and hardware issues
Submissions will be judged based on extended abstracts (1000 words). Procedures to submit papers, posters, and demo sessions are detailed at the symposium website http://ambisonics10.ircam.fr. Final papers must be camera-ready conforming to the format specified on the submission website.
Several excellent papers will be selected for collective submission to Acta Acustica united with Acustica. These papers will be expanded versions of the presented works, and will go through the standard peer review process.
The official language of the symposium is English.
- Extended abstract (1000 words) submission due: January 8th, 2010
- Papers, Notification of acceptance due: February 19th, 2010
- Camera-ready copy (full paper): March 12, 2010
- Registration opens: March 22, 2010
- Late Registration: April 12, 2010
- Submission of Audio Material for Testing: April 19, 2010
- Symposium Dates: May 6-7, 2010
Markus Noisternig (IRCAM – UMR CNRS)
Brian FG Katz (LIMSI – CNRS)
Rozenn Nicol (France Telecom – Orange Labs)
Technical Program Co-Chairs
Nicolas Misdariis (IRCAM – UMR CNRS)
Olivier Warusfel (IRCAM)
Sylvie Benoit (IRCAM)