July 7, 2014
I’m currently in the process of overhauling the views of all Jamoma stereo audio modules to use Max4Live widgets in preparation for the Jamoma 0.6 release.
In particular live.dial is fast becoming a favourite, as this widget provides a graphical and numerical display of value, as well as info on what parameter it is controlling, and the unit used.
However, I’ve had one problem: If the unit is set to decibels, it only displays decibel with decimals for values in the [-10, 10] range. Today I got a tip from Emmanuel Jourdan. If I instead set the unit Style to Custom, I can use sprintf expressions to get what I want.
The same trick can be used with live.numbox.
July 8, 2014
This conference seems interesting:
WAC is the first international conference on web audio technologies and applications. http://wac.ircam.fr
The conference welcomes web R&D developers, audio processing scientists, application designers and people involved in web standards.
Contributions to the first edition of WAC are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Innovative audio and music based web applications (with social and user experience aspects)
- Client-side audio processing (real-time or non real-time)
- Audio data and metadata formats and network delivery
- Server-side audio processing and client access
- Client-side audio engine and rendering
- Frameworks for audio manipulation
- Web Audio API design and implementation
- Client-side audio visualization
- Multimedia integration
- Web standards and use of standards within audio based web projects
- Hardware, tangible interface and use of Web Audio API
Call for submissions
- Technical papers – 2 to 8 pages
- Demo / Poster
- Web Audio Gig – involving usage of the Web Audio API and “audience devices participation”
October 10, 2014: Deadline for submission -
Please refer to the WAC website for additional information: