March 9, 2017
MULTI is a concert series at Lydgalleriet / Østre using their semi-permanent 24 speaker surround sound louspeaker rig. The MULTI concert series commission new works for multi-channel speaker setup, giving new musicians, composers and sound artists the opportunity to express themselves using spatial sound.
Since 2015 I have been co-curating this series.
March 10, 2017
Photo by Marieke Verbiesen
Yesterday we did yet another MULTI concert at Lydgalleriet, as part of the Borealis festival. I’ve been involved in curation, production and mentoring, and the concert featured three new works:
- Tolga Balci : Black Empire – Fragile Objects (premiere)
- Yvette Janine Jackson : Swan
- Jacqueline George : Happening now (premiere)
- Craig Wells with Mathias Loose : Bleached words (premiere)
- Yvette Janine Jackson : Invisible people (A Radio Opera)
We have been fortunate to have access to the speaker rig since Monday, and in general it’s a treat to collaborate with Lydgalleriet at this project.